- This event has passed.
Event Series: Free Admission February at Homewood Museum
Free Admission February at Homewood Museum
February 5 , 11:00 am - 4:00 pmFREE
ABOUT THE EVENT
In Honor of Black History Month, Homewood welcomes visitors free of charge during the month of February. A National Historic Landmark, Homewood was built circa 1801 for members of Maryland’s prominent Carroll family. The house also was home to at least 25 enslaved individuals, including members of the Castle, Conner, and Ross families. Tour the house’s period rooms and learn how the lives of all of Homewood’s early inhabitants intersected as they reached for liberty and fulfillment in vastly unequal circumstances.
- All tours are free during the month of February. Visitors have two tour options to choose from:
- Docent-led tours are available Tuesday-Sunday and take about an hour to complete. To reserve a docent-led tour, CLICK HERE.
- Self-guided tours will take about 30 minutes to complete. To reserve a self-guided tour, CLICK HERE.
- Space is limited within the museum. All tours (both self-guided and docent-led) must be reserved in advance.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, some parts of the museum are accessible only by stairs.
- Homewood Museum adheres to all Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 policies. Masks are optional on all tours and programs.
- For more information on visiting Homewood, CLICK HERE.