Sketching at Evergreen – Main Library
October 15 , 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$12
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Evergreen Museum & Library invites artists of all ages and abilities to spend an hour sketching the Main Library at Evergreen. The library, one of the interior highlights of Evergreen, was constructed in 1928 and holds some 8,000 rare books and manuscripts on its shelves. A docent will be on hand to answer any questions about the room, the collection, and the history of the house and its inhabitants.
- Supplies are not provided with purchase of ticket.
- In order to protect the collection, only pencils or colored pencils can be used when sketching inside the house. Water pens are not allowed.
- Due to the historical nature of the building, accessibility is limited, and some parts of the museum can only be reached via stairs.
- Stools are available for the duration of the session.
- Free self-guided tours of the gardens and grounds are included in admission. Full guided house tour is not included.
- Free parking is available