Sketching at Homewood – Drawing Room
November 7 , 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$12
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Homewood Museum invites artists of all ages and abilities to spend an hour sketching the Drawing Room. This vibrant room, which is decorated to appear as it might have circa 1812, contains several collection highlights, including a period musical instruments, painted furniture, portraits of George Washington and Charles Carroll of Carrollton, and colorful reproduction wallpaper. A docent will be on hand to answer any questions about the room, the collection, and the history of the house and its inhabitants.
- Supplies are not included with purchase of ticket.
- In order to protect the collection, only pencils or colored pencils can be used when sketching inside the house. Water pens are not allowed.
- Due to the historical nature of the building, accessibility is limited, and some parts of the museum can only be reached via stairs.
- Stools are available for the duration of the session.
- Full guided house tour is not included.