In addition to and accordance with the Sheridan Libraries and University Museums Rights and Reproductions Policy, Homewood Museum adheres to the following policy regarding visitor photography of the Museum’s interior and exterior spaces.
Personal photography and videography is permitted inside and outside Homewood Museum, provided that you are:
- A paying visitor or other approved guest
- Not using a flash
- Not disrupting or endangering any persons, property, or wildlife
- Creating and using the images only for non-commercial, personal use (For information on how to book a professional photo/video shoot at Homewood, see below [INSERT LINK TO LAST FAQ HERE])
PLEASE NOTE: This policy may be revoked at any time at the discretion of Homewood Museum’s Director/Curator or a deputized representative of the Museum or its parent institution, the Johns Hopkins University.
Can I take photos/videos inside Homewood Museum?
Yes! You are welcome to take personal photos and video inside and outside Homewood Museum, provided you are an authorized visitor to the museum, do not use a flash, are not disruptive, and use your photos and/or videos only for non-commercial, personal use.
Provided I follow all of the above rules, can I publish my photos/videos to my social media page(s)?
What do you mean by non-commercial use?
Non-commercial use means any use or activity where a fee is not charged and the purpose is not the sale of a good or service, and the use or activity is not intended to produce a profit. Examples of non-commercial use include, taking photos for personal keepsakes, for education purposes, or for private research.
What do you mean by “other approved guest”?
This means any person or persons at Homewood with the full knowledge and approval of the museum director/curator.
How do I acquire approval to stage a photo/video shoot at Homewood Museum?
This depends on the purpose of the photo/video shoot.
- If the shoot is for a student project or other educational purposes, contact Museum Coordinator Barbara St. Ours at email@example.com.
- If the shoot is for a media opportunity, please contact Associate Director of Communications & Marketing Amy Mulvihill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the photo/video shoot is for a commercial purpose—including, but not limited to—television or film, wedding or engagement photos, or business promotion, please contact our Private Events Office here.